Monday, May 21, 2012

Marriage - Richard Jarvis & Anne Hayter

Richard Jarvis & Anne Hayter

were married on the 17th January, 1801 at




St James, Piccadilly, Westminster, London



Source Citation: London Metropolitan Archives, Saint James, Piccadilly: Piccadilly, Westminster, Transcript of Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1800 Jan-1802 Mar, DL/t Item, 090/001.


Anne was the daughter of John (1741-1819) and Eleanora(nee Egan 1750-?) Hayter. She was baptised at St Marylebone on the 4th July, 1780 so presumably was born shortly before this date.

Richard's parents are as yet unknown but a birthdate some time during the 1770's is likely. The marriage of Richard and Anne is the first verifiable record of my Jarvis ancestry so is where the story begins.

Richard and Anne are my 3x great grandparents on the maternal side. 





1 comment:

  1. I was excited to see you are into family history. I have been doing it for years and it sparks a lot of interest in my reading!

    ReplyDelete